Monday, January 11, 2010

Remember

I had a moment recently when I questioned myself - my actions, who I was as a person and what I was doing here on earth.

It was a horrific thing to go through mentally, I broke down every notion I held about myself and I'm not sure that I liked what I found.

I think that in the aftermath of 2009, a year that held so much promise, so much turmoil and so much revelation for me, my community and the world I needed to really see what I wanted in my life. I do know this.

Last year lesbian relationships were splashed across the tabloids and lesbians were making their mark in political fronts here and abroad - yet in the same year Iranian citizens faced execution for simply existing as themselves.

I guess what I am saying is this: every minute of our lives is an opportunity. A chance to challenge the powers that be, and to better ourselves and those around us.

Don't ever step down from who you are, or who you are fighting to be. I believe that in 2010 the change and progression will be tangeable, I think you'd be crazy not to want to be part of it.

Question everything.



Until next time,

Gem / Lesbot World


- From my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment